In our previous article “What the air balance technician knows about the engineer” we discussed the criteria the engineer uses to begin the design of a building or space.
Once the enginner has gathered that information he will use it to determine:
- Cooling/Heating capacity of the equipment (this is especially critical in Arizonawhere the summer outdoor air temperature reach +115 degree’s farenheit)
- The amount of air that the equipment will circulate
- How much air will be brought in from outside
- How much air is brought back to the unit from the space
- How much air is going to be exhausted
- What is the mixed air temperature and humidity level that will enter the unit
- And finaly the tempeature and humidity level of the air when it leaves the unit.
The engineer will then select the equipment.