Air balancing outlets, (sometimes refered to as proportional air balance), takes time and practice. There are a few simple steps to remember:
- Determine design air flow for each outlet or device.
- Verify that a balancing damper has been installed on each device.
- Measure all outlets before making any adjustments.
- Closing or opening one air balancing device will increase the air flow at another
- Air flow will always take the path that has the least resistance.
- After you think the air balance is complete, measure and record all devices a final time.
Air balancing is actually a very simple process. It just takes time, practice and a lot of patience.